Eligibility: To be eligible to win, individuals or teams must:
- be University of Washington undergraduates at any class level and in any discipline.
- have completed a research project for credit at the University of Washington in Spring Quarter 2008 through Spring Quarter 2009.
- agree to display the research project in the library and to submit it to the UW digital repository
Application Procedure: Applications must include the following:
- final version of the research project. Projects in all media are encouraged.
- bibliography or other appropriate listing of sources consulted.
- 150 word abstract of the project.
- 750-1,000 word reflective essay describing research strategies and use of library resources.
- letter of support from the supervising faculty member.
Selection Criteria: Panels of librarians and faculty members review all applications. Submissions are evaluated on how well they demonstrate:
- Unusual depth or breadth in the use of library resources and collections, including but not limited to, printed resources, databases, primary resources, and materials in all media.
- Exceptional ability to locate, select, evaluate, and synthesize library resources and to use them in the creation of a project in any media that shows originality and/or has the potential to lead to original research in the future.
- Evidence of significant personal learning in the methods of research and inquiry.
The application deadline is 5pm, May 18, 2009. For applications and information, consult www.lib.washington.edu/researchaward; or email email@example.com.