To Place a Request:
- Request an item through the library catalog and select "Send to Fac-Staff UW Mailbox" as your pickup location.
- Items must be sent to a valid campus box number. Check your campus box number in your library account. If the address is not correct you will need to change your address by accessing the Employee Self-Service web site. It may take a week or so for our information to be updated.
What To Expect:
- Materials held on the UW campus will be delivered in 1-2 days, not including weekends.
- Materials held by Summit libraries will be delivered in 5-7 days, not including weekends. This accounts for transit time from the Summit library, plus campus mail delivery time.
- Materials requested through ILL will be delivered in 10-14 days, not including weekends. This accounts for transit time from the loaning library, plus campus mail delivery time.
- When we send material to you it will appear in your library account as already checked out to you.
- We will contact you if the material is not available or cannot be sent. We will use the email address in your library account to notify you of problems with delivery, so please make sure the email address in your account is one you check regularly.
- To assess the service we will be surveying participants. You can also send comments at any time to email@example.com.
- Send material back to Suzzallo Circulation, Box 352900 or drop off at any UW library unit.
- If mailing the material please try to use the original packaging or something similar.
- To allow for mailing time you should send material back at least 2 days before the due date.
- Departmental delivery will improve access to the physical collections for UW faculty and staff who are not located close to library units.
- Building on their existing service, the UW Campus Mail have agreed to handle the delivery of library materials at no charge.
- The overall costs of the service to the Libraries are expected to be minimal.
- We are initiating this service as a pilot and will evaluate the costs and benefits during the next few months. Your comments are important to us so please fill out the survey when requested.
- UW students are not part of the pilot.
- Cascadia Community College faculty, staff and students are not part of the pilot.
- Material that does not circulate (Reference, Special Collections, etc.) and material on reserve are not available for delivery.
- Fragile or large items may not be available for delivery.
- This pilot provides for sending only to campus mail addresses. If you want to have a book sent to an off-campus address through the US mail Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery Services can provide this service for a $10 fee. Login to your ILL account and select Borrow a Book, fill out the form and then select one of the Delivery Options that provides for shipping to home.