- New Saturday 1-5 hours! You commented on the In-Library Use Survey and we heard you. This Fall we'll be open 1-5 on Saturday and Sundays.
- Open Reserves by course. This Fall all books on reserve for your courses will be shelved upstairs by course where the current periodicals were located. You may pull books to read without checking them out at the front desk. Just remember to put them on the neighboring re-shelf shelf so that we can be sure to count them in our usage statistics.
- Group Study & Quiet Study space. Based on your survey results from Spring quarter, we are designating the upstairs Music Library space as group study space. Use this space to work on group projects. Quiet study space is located downstairs.
- Current Periodical Downstairs. Read the latest issue of Journal of the American Musicological Society or Billboard Magazine downstairs. The current periodicals are now located at the end of the bound periodicals (next to the oversized scores).
- New books location & list. The new books and scores are now located on the shelves at the end of the theses, next to the large, bay window. Check out the new materials list of books, scores and media online at http://www.lib.washington.edu/music/about.html#new
- Laptop workstations in the Listening Center. Bring your laptop to the Listening Center! The Listening Center has two new, dedicated spaces for laptop usage.
And coming soon...
• Two new scanners in the Listening Center.
We look forward to seeing you in the Music Library Listening Center!